Hylio's UAV platform was designed to maximize performance, reliability, and safety. The same qualities that make our drone the world's most advanced delivery UAV, also make it a powerful system for a wide range of other drone applications.
- 65 minutes of flight time
- 10 mile max range
- 15 pound max payload
- Ingress Protection Level: 55 (With Covers)
- Ultra-stable flight
- Extremely low vibrations
- Programmable LEDs
- Support for delivery hardware, camera gimbals, and other devices
- Automated Parcel Delivery
- Aerial Photography
- Infrared Monitoring
- Law Enforcement
- Disaster Response
Unparalleled Reliability and Safety
Although we take the performance of our drones seriously, we firmly believe that no amount of power justifies a UAS that is either dangerous or unreliable. To achieve new standards of reliability and safety, the platform has multiple redundancies at every operational level:
- Triple Redundant Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- The IMU is the heart of the onboard flight controller and required for stable flight.
- Our system supports automatic IMU failover and recovery if any of the IMUs fail in-flight.
- Dual Redundant, Wide-Protocol GPS
- Each of our two GPS modules supports concurrent connections to the U.S. GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou satellite systems.
- This level of connectivity and redundancy allows the UAV to always know where it is with a positional accuracy of well under 1 foot.
- Dual Redundant Battery and Power Delivery
- The UAV has two independent primary batteries, each of which are completely capable of powering the UAS.
- Each battery is paired with its own dedicated power delivery system, which constantly reports the battery's condition to the flight controller.
- A failed battery automatically triggers an automatic return to home.
- Redundant Hex Configuration
- Due to its six motors, the UAV can sustain a single motor failure and remain in control.
- Any motor failure or thrust degradation immediately triggers an automatic return to home.
- Automatic Parachute
- Our UAV is one of the only commercially available RTF drones that has a fully automatic parachute system.
- In the (extremely unlikely) scenario of concurrent multiple system failure, the UAV automatically detects a loss of control and releases the on-board parachute to slow its descent to safe speeds.